Privacy is very important to Lakeside Needlecraft. This notice explains what data we hold, how we use your data, how it is collected, how it is held, how long it is held, the legal basis for using it and explains your rights.
Please read this policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Who we are?
Lakeside Needlecraft Ltd
Postal and Trading Address – 37 Arnesby Avenue, Sale, Cheshire, M33 2NJ
Email Address : email@example.com
Telephone Number : 0161 505 1910
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer : Kate Worthington
Personal data is defined by the GDPR EU Regulation 2016/679 as any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier. Simply put, personal data is data about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data can be your name, gender, date of birth and contact details but it also covers other information such as financial, transactional, usage, marketing and communications or technical data. The personal data we hold is covered below.
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights which we always work to uphold.
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your data. You can ask any questions about this using the contact details above.
- The right to access and correct the data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data erased.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to restrict the processing your personal data.
- The right to request the transfer of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Direct Interactions - by filling in forms on our website or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you order products, create an account, subscribe to newsletters, request materials are sent to you, entering a competition or providing feedback.
Automated Technologies or Interactions - we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive this data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies. Our website is hosted by EKM and they store your data on a secure server.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources for example Google based outside the EU, data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services for example PayPal based outside the EU, identity and contact data from sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU and contact information from Mailchimp, an automated marketing service provider based in the USA.
Where you have provided us with your data, we may use this data to provide you with products, to notify you of any changes, to ensure effective presentation of the content within our products and site for you and for your device and to obtain your feedback.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this data to provide you with information about other products we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or received from us.
If you are an existing customer (prior to 25th May 2018) or have already given us consent to do so, we may contact you by email with information and news about products similar to those which you have previously bought from us or have indicated that you are interested in.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted for example, where we need to perform the contract between us, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests or where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not generally rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us using the details above.
We will get your express consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. You can request at any time that we stop sending you marketing emails (by contacting us using the details above).
Where you opt out of receiving marketing emails, this does not apply to personal data provided to us because of a purchase or other transactions. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal data with our suppliers and sub-contractors to allow us to fulfil your product order only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law in force at the time. We may also share your data with third parties that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We use third party processors and as such may share some or all the data we hold about you with them. We must ensure third parties we use comply with the law and treat your data with the care and respect it deserves. For more information about what the third parties we use do with your data, please refer to their own policies.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data only to those employees, agents, contractors and essential other third parties who have a business need to access the data. They will only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will not store your personal data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your data will be held for as long as you continue to use our services. In determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
You will not have to pay to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights) however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or we may refuse to comply with your request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to it. We will endeavour to provide a response to all legitimate requests within 28 days. It may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Copyright and Use of Patterns
If you are caught abusing our copyrights do not expect us to be very happy about it and legal proceedings can occur. Not understanding these rules is not an excuse, if you do not understand please email us.
The main thing you need to know is that electronic patterns can easily be shared and misused over the internet. For every pattern that is passed for free to another person that is a missed sale for the designer. We work many late hours to bring these patterns to you. You would not steal from a shop, do not steal from us.
If you have a pattern you bought at a shop you only have one copy and it is fine for you to give that pattern to someone else, you give it away and you do not have a copy. It is against copyright though for you to photocopy that pattern and give someone a copy and keep a copy for yourself.
With our PDF patterns you are getting electronic PDF files, you cannot pass these files to others and you cannot print a copy for someone else, or print your copy and pass it on as you still have access to the original pattern file, it is the same as photocopying it for someone else. The PDF versions of our patterns are for your personal use only.
The only pattern sharing that should be going on is if you purchase a printed pattern from a shop and you post in a forum to see if anyone is interested in it and the you mail the original pattern to the person and you do not keep a copy for yourself. Even if someone says they printed one of our patterns and then deleted the PDF file this would not be ok as it is easy to download the file again.
Things you cannot do with our cross stitch patterns:
- You cannot post our patterns on any forum or website for others to download, whether for profit or not.
- You cannot print out or email patterns to others whether for profit or not.
- You cannot offer the pdf patterns as a trade or swap to others. If you have purchased a printed pattern that was posted to you from us this would be ok, so long as it is the original pattern.
- You cannot save patterns on your hard drive, burn CD's of the patterns and then offer the CD's to others whether for profit or not.
- You cannot sell our pdf printed patterns.If you have purchased a printed pattern that was posted to you from us or one which was purchased at a shop or one of our retailers, this would be ok, so long as it is the original pattern.
- You cannot alter or claim our patterns as your own creations.
- You cannot post messages in any forums or on websites offering to pass our pdf patterns, or patterns printed from our pdf files, onto others whether for profit or not.
- You cannot mass produce the patterns as stitched items for sale. They are for hand cross stitching only You cannot use our patterns for machine embroidery and mass produce items for sale. If you intend to sell more than 100 completed works using the one pattern you will need to contact me for licencing rights.
What you can do legally with my patterns:-
- You may photocopy the pattern at a larger size if required, for your personal use only.
- You can complete our cross stitch patterns and sell the completed hand stitched item.
- You can of course give your completed hand stitched item as gifts for non profit to anyone.
- You can save patterns on your hard drive and burn CD's of the patterns for your own personal use only, for safe keeping.
- You can sell, trade or give away only our printed original patterns to others, so long as you have not kept any copy of this pattern for yourself. This only applies if you have purchased a physically printed pattern that was posted to you from us or one which was purchased at a shop, or one of our online retailers. PDF patterns are for personal use ONLY. You cannot pass these files or prints from these files to others whether for profit or not.
These rules can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the Designer should the need arise.